Adobong Kangkong (Water Spinach) is a vegetable dish that is made up of Kangkong Leaves which is prepared in Adobo way.In the Philippines, Kangkong easily grows in watery places either clean or dirty thus when buying this type of vegetable in the market, clean it thoroughly before including them in our Adobong Kangkong Recipe.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 g. pork, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- water (or broth)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 bundles kangkong (water spinach), cut into 2 in. lengths
Cooking Procedures :
- Heat oil in a wok (or a large frying pan). Sauté garlic.
- Add pork and stir-fry until browned. Add flour and stir to combine.
- Pour in enough broth (or water) to cook the pork.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add kangkong (water spinach), cook just until wilted. Adjust soy sauce if needed according to your taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.