- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups malagkit (glutinous) rice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup thick coconut milk
Cooking Procedures :
- In a large heavy pot, bring coconut milk to a boil. Add salt and malagkit rice. Cook on medium heat, stirring until rice is almost dry for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar. Lower heat and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Spread cooked rice in a greased foil-lined 9″ x 13″ oblong pan.
- For topping: Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar with 3/4 cup thick coconut milk. Pour on cooked rice in pan, spreading to cover top evenly.
- Broil in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until top starts to brown. Watch it carefully. It will burn easily.
- Let cake cool before cutting into squares.
- Serves 6 to 8.