- 1 kilo glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, extracted juice only
- 1/2 liter coconut milk
- 4 tablets tableya (native cocoa)
Cooking Procedures :
- In a pot, cook the malagkit rice along with the sugar, salt and ginger juice.
- When the rice mixture is half-cooked, remove and allow to cool.
- Melt the native cocoa. Set aside.
- Get half of the rice mixture and mix it with the melted cocoa.
- Roll this chocolate-rice mixture with the remaining cooked rice. Do not mix so as to give that distinctive white and black marks.
- Wrap the rice mixture in wilted banana leaves. Steam until cooked for at least 30 minutes to an hour.