- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups day old bread, diced (about 6 bread slices)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. melted butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup macapuno (or 1 cup drained langka jackfruit preserves)
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole. In a saucepan, heat milk over low heat until tiny bubbles appear around the edges. Remove from heat, add diced bread.
- For custard-like pudding, let bread soak for about 30 minutes, mash pieces against the side of bowl with a spoon until mixture is smooth.
- Blend in eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and butter. Add macapuno or langka.
- Pour into greased casserole or caramel-lined pan, place in a larger baking pan with warm water about 1″ up the side of the casserole.
- Steam-bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tester knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serves 6 to 8.