- 6 ripe saba (banana plantain)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sifted flour
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- oil, enough for frying
Cooking Procedures :
- Make a stiff dough by blending egg, milk, flour and sugar.
- Make a well in the center of flour in a deep bowl. Break the egg into it, add milk and sugar. Beat vigorously to even up dough texture.
- Cut the saba (banana plantains) into two lengthwise. Coat each piece with the stiff dough.
- Fry in deep medium-high oil until golden brown. Place in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Transfer to serving platter. Serve hot with syrup or coat with sugar or powdered sugar. Enjoy!