- 6 medium ripe saba (or plantain bananas)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Cooking Procedures :
- Pour water in a saucepan. Stir in sugar and salt to dissolve. Heat over medium heat. Bring syrup to a boil and then lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel bananas and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add to simmering syrup and continue cooking for another 10 minutes more or until saba bananas are tender and syrup is slightly thickens and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a dessert plate and serve this Minatamis na Saging.
Minatamis na Kamote (Sweet Potato in Syrup)
Substitute kamote (sweet potato) slices for bananas and cook as above until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Tiramisu – Heaven on a Dessert Plate – Daring Baker’s Challenge …
- Heaven On A Dessert Plate « Culinary Travels Of A Kitchen Goddess
- Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary « Moseley Architects Seeds of Green
- Meatless Monday: Grilled Pound Cake With Peaches & Simply …
- Remembering Spain with a Pan of Paella! « Bunkycooks
- Recipes with organic grains | What’s cooking at Chef Mom .com
- Differences Between Plantain and Banana | Difference Between
- Roaring Raw » Plantain with Greens Salad