- 1/4 lb. sotanghon noodles
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly slice
- 2 chicken breasts, deboned and sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 tsp. salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup snow peas, sliced in 2 diagonally
- 3 green onions, cut 1″ long, for garnish
Cooking Procedures :
- Cut sotanghon noodles into 3″ lengths. Set aside.
- Sauté onion in hot oil. Add sliced chicken breasts and sauté until the meat becomes firm and white for about 5 minutes. Season with patis, salt and white pepper.
- Add chicken broth. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add sotanghon noodles, cook for 5 minutes (be sure the heat is introduced slowly and you can keep the noodles from being overcooked and becomes soggy), add vegetables and cook until snow peas are done but still crisp for about 4-5 minutes. Taste and correct seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Makes 4-6 servings.