- 2 lbs. chicken (thighs or drumsticks), cut into pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- thumb-sized fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cups uncooked rice, washed and drained
- 7 cups water
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 sliced green onions, for garnish
- 4 tbsp. Fried Garlic, for toppings
- 5 limes (or calamansi), cut into wedges
Cooking Procedures :
- Rub chicken pieces with salt; set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger for 3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned. Add chicken; cook for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a pot, add the uncooked rice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken mixture.
- Season with fish sauce; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice and chicken are cooked. If arroz caldo is too thick, add a little water.
- Serve porridge into individual serving bowls. Squeeze some fresh lime juice, as desired over top and garnish with green onions, Fried Garlic and lime wedges. Serve with soy sauce and fish sauce, as desired on the side.
- Serves 4 to 6.