- 1 lb. pork, cut into 1 inch cube
- 1 lb. squid (calamari), fresh or frozen
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- vegetable oil
Cooking Procedures :
- Pull out head, tentacles, innards, and transparent ribs from body of squid, making sure not to burst the black tint. Cut off tentacles just above the eyes. Discard innards and transparent ribs. Wash and drain squid bodies and tentacles well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry pork until no longer pink in color and it turns lightly brown. Drain pork and set aside.
- Add garlic into the hot oil and sauté until fragrant. Stir in onions and tomatoes. Stir-fry for a few minutes until soft and wilted.
- Add squids. Stir-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the squids are half done. Stir in the pork until just to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil without stirring and then lower the heat. Let it simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes or until pork and squid are cook. Correct seasonings. If desired, allow it to thicken or be a little dry in consistency. Be sure not to overcook the squids.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.