- 5 lbs. fully cooked bone in ham
- 8 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 whole fresh pineapples, peeled and cored, into quarters; cut crosswise into slices (or 1 can pineapple slices, drained)
- 1 tbsp. butter
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a roasting pan with rack or baking tray.
- In a stockpot, place ham, pineapple juice and 1 cup brown sugar. Make sure ham is submerged in the juice. Add more juice (or water) to cover, if necessary.
- Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium and cook for 1 hour. The skin should come off easily when ham is done. Drain and set aside to cool.
- If ham has skin, peel off. Trim fat layer to 1/4 in. thickness. Diagonally score fat to form diamond pattern. Stud centre of each diamond with clove.
- Prepare Glaze: In a small saucepan, place the remaining 1 cup brown sugar and water. Bring to boil over medium heat; stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until syrupy. Brush about half of the glaze over ham.
- Prepare Caramelized Pineapple: In a skillet brown pineapple in about 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat, turning occasionally, until caramelized. Set aside.
- Roast ham, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until browned. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with warm Caramelized Pineapple.