- 2-4 eggs
- water, for boiling
Cooking Procedures :
- Place eggs in a deep saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let standoff heat for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Transfer to an iced water bath (or set saucepan in the sink and run in cold water to cool eggs quickly. This makes eggs easier to shell and keeps yolks from turning dark around the edges) and let cool completely.
- To shell hard-cooked eggs tap to crack shell. Roll between hands to loosen shell. Hold under cold water as you peel shell.
- Unpeeled eggs can be refrigerated for up to a week.