- 1 pork pata (pork leg, about 3-4 lbs.)
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. achuete seeds
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang
- 1/3 cup ground peanuts
- 1/3 cup ground toasted rice
- 2 eggplant, sliced
- 1 bundle sitaw (string beans), cut into 3″ lengths
- 1 small puso ng saging (banana heart), sliced
Cooking Procedures :
- Cut pata into smaller pieces. Boil in enough water until tender. Drain pata and reserve broth.
- Heat oil and add achuete. Stir until the color comes out. Discard the seeds.
- Sauté garlic and onions. Add bagoong, ground peanuts and rice. Stir in stock and bring to a boil.
- Add pata pieces. Cook for a few minutes and then add the vegetables. Cook vegetables until tender.
- Serve with bagoong guisado.
- Makes 4-6 servings.