- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oil
Cooking Procedures :
- Separate yolks from whites. Beat egg whites until frothy. Add yolks and beat just to blend. Dilute cornstarch with water.
- Add cornstarch solution, salt and oil to eggs. Mix well. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to settle bubbles.
- Heat a pan (use nonstick, if available) on medium low heat. When it is hot, brush with a little oil. Give egg mixture a quick stir.
- Pour 2 tbsp. of batter into the pan. Tilt the pan from side to side to spread the batter evenly to make a thin 7-8″ pancake. Cook the wrapper until the sides separate from the pan.
- Repeat the same procedure for all the batter. Always make sure to stir the batter to recombine before cooking. (Monitor the heat. The skillet is too hot if bubbles appear on the wrapper while cooking. Adjust the temperature).
- Stack up wrapper on a plate separated with a wax paper.
- Ready for Lumpiang Sariwa (Fresh Spring Rolls).
- Makes 15-20 wrappers.