- 1 lb. fish fillets
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 piece (2-in/5-cm) ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 green chili peppers
- 1 large bitter gourd (about 500 g), cut in half lengthwise, deseeded and sliced into halfmoons (optional)
Cooking Procedures :
- In a saucepan, combine fish, garlic, ginger, water, vinegar and bitter gourd, if using. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the fish sauce, salt and chili peppers.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until cooked. Fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.