- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 4 oz. uncooked spaghetti (half an 8oz. package)
- grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Cooking Procedures :
- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Sauté onion for a few minutes until soft and translucent. Add ground beef and cook for 3-5 minutes. Break meat apart with fork and stir as it browns lightly.
- Add in dried herbs, salt, pepper, water and sauces. Stir and blend well. Bring to boil.
- Brake in half the uncooked pasta. Sprinkle spaghetti into the boiling sauce a little at a time and stirring to keep it separated.
- Cover tightly. Lower the heat and let it simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the pasta is just tender to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve. If you like, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.