- 1 lb. pork butt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
Cooking Procedures :
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Beat egg, add cornstarch, flour, salt and milk. Stir to blend thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat for a minute. Add 2 tbsp. oil and heat for 30 seconds. Dip a few pork cubes in egg mixture (cook only 5-8 pieces at a time) and stir-fry until browned all over and well-cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate when done. Cook the rest of the pork pieces the same way as above. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in remaining oil. Add onions, caramelize for about 3 minutes. Add carrots, red and green bell peppers, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in pineapple chunks. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Arrange garnishes on top of cooked pork pieces and pour sweet and sour sauce all over just before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.