Pancit bihon or “Pansit” is a Chinese-Filipino food dish and one of the variety of Pancit Guisado recipes that I love to cook. This pansit bihon is the commonly requested recipe of my children specially my youngest daughter because she really love pancit or any noodle recipe.
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 lb. pork, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienne
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- patis (fish sauce), salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup cabbage leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb. pancit bihon (rice sticks noodles)
- wedges of lemon or calamansi, for garnish
Cooking Procedures :
- Rinse pancit bihon with tap water. Drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Stir-fry pork slices until no longer pink in color.
- Add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Season with patis, salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste.
- Add julienne carrots and red bell peppers. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth or water. Correct the seasoning.
- Heat until boiling and add the drained pancit bihon.
- Let it simmer and stir to loosen the noodles (separate noodles by using a fork and a ladle)
- Add a little more water or broth if you notice that is almost dry up and noodles (“pancit”) are not yet cooked well. You may also add soy sauce if you find it pale and taste bland.
- Add cabbage leaves (do not overcook) and then turn off the heat. Mix well.
- Serve with lemon wedges or calamansi. Enjoy!
thank you for sharing this recipe…
this helps me a lot in preparing my pancit (for the first time…)
heeehhe.. thanks again…
keep it up!
Yeah… this is my favorite sa lahat… Papiliin mo ako spag at pansit mas uunahin ko ang pansit. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Wowowee!!! This is very simple yet mouth watering recipe. Thanks for sharing.
thanks, i cannot cook perfectly the pancit bihon but now i’ve got an idea and the procedure is very easy … ill try soon..
thanx for the idea how to cooked a “pancit bihon”, i’ll do it now
i owned the eufemia’s noodles garden…in a countryside also am the cook. my customers like this variation. Dios Mabalos(TY)
i would love to try this recipe for my family, they never taste this one yet, ‘am sure they will love it. thanks…
your recipes like this pancit bihon help me a lot when i had a visitor its easy and taste good thank you for sharing your recipe online
The instructions are clear and I can’t wait to cook this dish.
I love it I had it for my party!!!!!
i really love pancit
sarap talaga ang pansit bihon!!! Salamat!!!
wow i love it.. quick and easy in making this pansit bihon guisado
Thanks! My husband would love me more!
if i am depress i just browse pilipino recipe and i am happy specially when i came across your cooking – i did not have a hard time looking for it. thanks a lot, for sharing those recipes…….
your recipe help me a lot when i had a visitor its easy and taste good thank you for sharing your recipe online