- 1/2 lb. Chinese egg noodles
- 2 pcs. dried mushrooms, soaked in water for about 30 minutes
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 lb. lean pork, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 lb. bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup minced green onions, for garnish
Cooking Procedures :
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Stir in 1 tbsp. cooking oil to keep noodles from sticking together. Transfer to a serving platter. Keep noodles warm by tenting it with foil.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet, make a thin omelet of the egg. Cut it into strips. Set aside. Drain mushrooms, discard tough stems, and slice thinly. Set aside.
- Combine pork, patis and cornstarch. Heat 2 tbsp. of the oil in a skillet and stir coated pork pieces in oil over medium heat. Cook until pork is firm.
- Add bean sprouts, sliced mushrooms, soy sauce and chicken stock. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until bean sprouts are done. Remove from heat.
- Pour vegetables-meat mixture over cooked noodles in serving platter. Garnish with fried egg strips and minced green onions.
- Makes 4 servings.