When we are still in the Philippines, we used to go to Goldilocks to buy different types of Polvoron flavor. In all the varieties, I still like the traditional polvoron flavor compared to pinipig, strawberry, cookies and cream, and the polvoron with cashew nuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or cake flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Cooking Procedures :
- Toast flour in a skillet over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown, stirring constantly. Add powdered milk (or infant formula, it works too!), toss for another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- If desired, transfer to a large bowl. Add in sugar and melted butter. Mix thoroughly until it has about the consistency of damp sand.
- Use a round or oval polvoron molder and shape them into compact bite-size cakes.
- Wrap them in tissue or Japanese paper.
Tnx, my children loves polvoron…. I’ll try it
its good to have a polvoron
Thanx for sharing this recipe. I really love polvoron…
Thanks for sharing this basic recipe of your polvoron. I love it and
it’s true the plain ones are better than the cookies n cream. I want
to try the cashew sometime.
Thanks a lot for sharing this polvoron recipe.
I will try to make this cause it looks easy to cook…..
I love polvoron especially when Aim a kid, I’m gonna try to cook this looks easy and yummy thanks.
Pleased to know your web page it really helps us to cook our Filipino recipes. Love shanghai
thanks a lot for being generous sharing
your filipino recipes around the world thru the website.
marivic from Germany
thanks for the recipe! Can someone tell me should I use salted or unsalted butter?
Hi! Thanks so much. Now i can make a tasty polvoron for my kids. God bless!!!
hi i love all your recipes they are all delicous! Godbless and more power i also love to read the verses and prayers u had at the bottom of this page so encouraging and reminding that our soul needs feeding also which is the most important.
Polvoron is my fave. thanks for this recipe 😀 love it!
very nice…..simple but elegant…..
yes my favorate po ay polvoron kaya hinanap ko po ang recipe na ito para gagawa din ako ng aking sarili polvoron at maraming salamat po sa recipe ng polvoron
thnxfor the recipe……
atleast my pagkakakitaan na aq…
dag dag tulong na rin…..more power &
thanks for lovely yummy polvoron recipe =))
goodluck and more power!
thank for the recipe nice recipe!! 🙂
thank you for this basic recipe of polvoron making i got an idea.Good luck!