When we are still in the Philippines, we used to go to Goldilocks to buy different types of Polvoron flavor. In all the varieties, I still like the traditional polvoron flavor compared to pinipig, strawberry, cookies and cream, and the polvoron with cashew nuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or cake flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Cooking Procedures :
- Toast flour in a skillet over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown, stirring constantly. Add powdered milk (or infant formula, it works too!), toss for another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- If desired, transfer to a large bowl. Add in sugar and melted butter. Mix thoroughly until it has about the consistency of damp sand.
- Use a round or oval polvoron molder and shape them into compact bite-size cakes.
- Wrap them in tissue or Japanese paper.