- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 5-6 tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup buco water/juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups grated buco (young coconut meat)
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare an 8-inch pie plate.
(a) Combine sugar and cornstarch in asaucepan. Add evaporated milk and bucowater. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
(b) Add vanilla and grated buco meat. Cook for another 5 minutes and then set aside to cool.
(a)Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Cut in the butter (if using) and shortening until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
(b)Add a tablespoon of water one at a time. Mix with a fork until the dough is smooth and does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
(c) Form into two balls, one of which should be bigger than the other.
(d) Roll out the bigger dough to form a 9-inch circle that is about 1/4-inch thick. Fit this dough into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Filled up with the buco mixture filling. Set aside.
2.Roll out the smaller dough into a circle, big enough to cover the top of the pie. To seal the sides of the pie, pinch the top and bottom crusts together.
3. Using a knife or fork, prick holes on the top crust so that steam can escape the pie while baking. Brush the top crust with eggwash.
4. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before slicing.