- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 banana leaf (optional)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh (or frozen) grated coconut
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Prepare a lightly greased 8 x 3 in. round baking pan. Alternatively, lined with banana leaf, if using (cut according to the size of the pan); set aside. The banana leaf adds fragrance to the cake when cooked. To make individual cakes, line a 4 in. wide and 2-1/4 in. deep mini pan with 5 in. banana leaf (if using).
- In a bowl, place rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, melted butter and coconut milk; mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until browned (a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Place the cake onto a serving platter and put butter slices on top. Sprinkle with grated coconut.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Maganda ang contents ng blog mo po! Malaking tulong sa mga gustong matutong magluto. Maraming salamat sa pag share ng mga recipe.
I’m spending Christmas with my boyfriend at his parents house. I’m new to eating Filipino food and most of it I like. I just had bibingka for the first time and I love it , it is so delicious that I right away looked up the receipe to see if it was something I could make and yo my surprise it’s gonna be a piece of cake!
thank you for sharing this recipe. I really miss eating bibingka…
I spent 5 years in Luzon and i love babingka. have been trying to find out how to make it for years, thank you so much. Phil Lyles
Thank you so much for sharing all those Filipino recipes. I will try the bibingka and puto kutsinta .
hello, maraming salamat sa recipe mo ng bibingka, matagal na akong naghahanap ng recipe ng bibingka na lulutuin sa oven kasi iniisip ko saan ako kukuha ng kalan para lutuin ito. Ngayon na solve mo ang problema ko. i will try this recipe. keep up the good work. magaling tayong mga filipino sa lahat ng larangan ng bagay . we are very unique talaga! kaya we are very succesful!!!
Hi, thank you so much for sharing in the internet the Filipino recipes. I will really enjoy my escapade in cooking Filipino delicacies… May God bless you all always!