· 1 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup water
· 6 eggs, at room temperature
· 1 can condensed milk
· 1 can evaporated milk
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 6 egg yolks, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1-1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· 1/2 cup milk diluted (1/4 cup milk mix with 1/4 cup water)
· 1 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
· 6 egg whites, at room temperature
· 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
· 1/2 cup sugar
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 9-inch square pan
2. In a deep heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water (don't stir) over medium heat until dissolved. Brushing down sides of pan with pastry brush dipped in cold water.
3. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until dark amber.
4. Immediately pour onto prepared pan. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, mix egg yolks, milk and sugar. Do not beat.
2. Stir to blend or until sugar completely dissolved.
3. Strain through a sieve into the caramelized pan. Set aside.
1. In another bowl, beat egg yolks. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until mixture is light lemon colored.
2. Add flour alternately with the diluted milk (beginning and ending with flour).
3. Add grated lemon. Beat until smooth and no lumps occur. Set aside.
1. Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar. Continue to beat on high until soft peaks begin to form. Add sugar very gradually and continuously beating until meringue is glossy and stiff.
2. Gently fold the cake mixture into the meringue until well blended, ensuring that you scrap the bottom of the bowl as you fold.
3. Pour over custard. Do not stir.
4. Place the cake pan in a larger pan (roasting pan) half-filled with hot water.
5. Steam-bake in center of oven for about 1 hour or until firm and cake tester inserted comes out clean.
6. Transfer pan (roasting pan) to rack. Let cool until room temperature. Remove cake panfrom water to let cool completely.
7. Run knife around the edges of pan. Invert onto a serving platter. Chill before serving.
i will try this for my daughter’s bday.
so easy to follow your recipe and it turn out so delicious and perfect
This is perfect.
Love its chiffon cake.
Very moist and yummy
i’ve made it first time and it turned out so yummy. now its one of my best selling cakes and its very easy to make and very fast. i’ve been making it for friend’s bdays, special occasions and orders from friends…
Tastes yummy. have eaten it before
I’ve started a bakery bussines just recently you’ve helped me so much… Thanks…..
i will love to give this recipe a try even though it sounds kinda difficult but it will be fun im sure thanks
i will try this recipe…