- 1 cup glutinous rice, washed, soaked for at least 30 minutes; drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 100 g unsweetened chocolate tablets (or 1 cup cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
Cooking Procedures :
- Place glutinous rice and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Add chocolate (or cocoa powder) and sugar; stir and mix well. If it gets too thick, add a little of milk.
- Ladle champorado (chocolate rice porridge) into bowls. Serve with swirls of milk on top; serve hot.
- Serves 4.