- 1 cup pinipig
- 1-1/4 cups rice flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 pkg. grated young coconut with coconut water, thawed
- 1 tsp. pandan extract (or 1 leaf)
Cooking Procedures :
- Process pinipig in a blender until powdery. Toast in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat, stirring constantly until golden, about 10 minutes. Frequently scrape bottom (it browns quickly) and turn it over for even browning. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Toast the rice flour the same way until golden. Set aside 1/4 cup of rice flour and combine the rest with pinipig in the bowl.
- In a saucepan, gently simmer sugar, grated young coconut including liquid, and pandan, until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Process in a blender until pureed.
- Mix with toasted pinipig mixture in the bowl. Divide mixture in 4 portions.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/4 cup rice flour on countertop (or on a table), roll each portion on rice flour into an 8″ cylinder and wrap each in waxed paper. Slice and serve.
- Serves 8.