- 250 g. romaine lettuce (wash and dry)
- 2 cups baby tomatoes
- 2 cups 1 in. cubed ripe avocado (or lychees or seedless grapes)
- 2 cups alfalfa (or Brussels sprouts or bean sprouts)
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 cup ripe cubed mango
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- Prepare the Dressing: Put in a blender then chill: crushed garlic, ripe cubed mango, mayonnaise (or olive oil), light corn syrup, toasted sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a salad bowl: romaine lettuce, baby tomatoes, cubed ripe avocado (or lychees or seedless grapes), alfalfa (or Brussels sprouts or bean sprouts). If using bean sprouts, blanch in boiling water 1 minute, drain.
- Chill until ready to serve, cover tightly with plastic cling. Pour dressing when ready to serve.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Tip: When buying sprouts, they should be white, crisp-looking without brown spots.