- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2-1/2 cup water
- slices of cheese
- water, for steaming
Cooking Procedures :
- Prepare steamer with water. Prepare and greased individual molds (or muffin cups); set aside.
- In a large bowl, Sift together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg and water. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into individual molds (or greased muffin cups), filling about three-quarters full.
- Arrange molds (or muffin cups) in the steamer. Top each puto with slices of cheese. Steam for about 20 minutes. (If you’re using Quickmelt cheese, put the cheese slices at the end of steaming. Steam for another 2 minutes, just to melt the cheese on top.)
- Remove puto from the steamer. Unmold and arrange in a serving platter.
- Best pair with Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew/Blood Pudding Stew). Serve hot or cold.