- 1/2 lb. small uncooked shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 4 cups cold cooked rice, grains well separated
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup each frozen carrots and peas, thawed
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- In a bowl, toss shrimps with salt, pepper and cornstarch; marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry shrimps until it turns pink and opaque. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- In the same wok over medium heat, pour in the eggs; cook until beginning to set. Stirring in a quick motion to break up and scramble the eggs. Scraping with spatula, until thickened and moist but no liquid remains, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate; set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat; stir-fry white parts of onions until fragrant. Add rice and soy sauce. Stir-fry until rice is hot and well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Return eggs to pan. Add cooked shrimps, carrots, peas, green parts of green onions and sesame oil; stir-fry until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper (or add more soy sauce) to taste.
- Serves 4.