- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 lb. corned beef
- 1/2 lb. sweet ham, chopped
- 2 cups mongo sprouts
- 1 cup carrots, cut into strips
- 2 cups singkamas (turnip), cut into strips
- 1 cup kamote (sweet potato), cut into strips
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- 2 cups water (or broth from vegetables)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch dispersed in
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. crushed garlic, fried
Cooking Procedures :
Prepare Lumpia Wrapper:
- Beat eggs slightly. Add water, salt and oil. Gradually add flour and blend until smooth. Strain batter for a smoother mixture.
- Brush frying pan with a little oil. When hot, spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan. Tilt pan from side to side to spread evenly.
- Lift off wrapper when the sides separate from the pan. Repeat the same procedure for all the batter.
Prepare Lumpia Filling:
- Heat oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic and onions. Add corned beef and ham. Cook for a few minutes and then add the vegetables. Season to taste.
- Cook until vegetables are tender and crisp. Drain and cool.
Prepare Lumpia Sauce:
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together. Bring to a boil. Thicken with dispersed cornstarch.
- Let it boil for a few minutes, stirring constantly until thick. Before serving add the fried garlic.
- Put a lumpia wrapper on a plate. Put about 3 tablespoons of the lumpia filling at the middle.
- Roll the wrapper. Seal edges with a drop of water or with beaten egg.
- Serve with lumpia sauce.
- Makes 15-20.