This Turon Saba recipe is a typical Filipino merienda or snack. Turon resembles as a banana spring rolls which consist of plantain and jackfruit that is wrapped in a lumpia wrapper then dipped in brown sugar and fried.
This Turon is always my favorite order to filipino food store here in Canada. Delicious talaga!
- 1/2 dozen ripe saba (banana plantain)
- 1 cup chopped langka (jackfruit)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- lumpia (spring roll) wrappers
- oil, enough for deep frying
Cooking Procedures :
- Cut banana in half, and cut each half into 3 pieces. Roll slightly each banana piece in sugar.
- Place coated bananas on top of eachlumpia wrapper (this will depend to your liking on how many pieces of banana slices for each wrapper), spread with choppedlangka (jackfruit), carefully wrap and roll into shape of egg roll. Seal the ends with water or egg white.
- Fry in deep medium-high oil. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of sugar over your turon. This will caramelize and stick to your turon. Flip yourturon to coat evenly with caramelized sugar. Fry until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from pan and set over wax paper for a couple of minutes and then enjoy!
Sesame seeds (if desired) maybe sprinkled while turon is still hot and the sugar has not set.Maybe served with ice cream for dessert or just as is for snack!