- 500 g. chicken cubes
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 big head crushed garlic with skin on
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground peppercorn
- 9-12 bamboo sticks (or metal skewers)
- oil, for brushing
Cooking Procedures :
- Remove the bones from whole chicken breasts. Cut into half-inch cubes. You will need 500 g. chicken cubes.
- In a bowl, mix together dark brown sugar, tomato sauce, crushed garlic with skin on, soy sauce, ground peppercorn. Marinate for one to eight hours in the refrigerator. Set aside an additional 1 tbsp. soy sauce for brushing barbecue after cooking.
- Skew chicken cubes on 9 to 12 bamboo (or metal sticks), save marinade for brushing during the last minute of cooking (Note: Be sure to microwave the marinade before using to avoid contamination), adding the remaining 1 tbsp. soy sauce. Grill over charcoal (or on a gas grill), brushing with oil.
- When chicken are cooked and while still over charcoal (or grill), brush with remaining marinade.
- Serves 6 to 8.