In the Philippines when we go to SM-Mall with my husband, We usually order chop suey whenever we have our dinner in a restaurant. My hubby loves vegetable dishes and I learn from him to like the taste of vegetable dishes. Well, this Pork Chopsuey is a Chinese dish that primarily compose of mixed vegetable with meat like fish, chicken, shrimp, beef and pork, plus an added extra flavor to complete the Filipino adapted recipe.
This Chopsuey recipe is one of the common dish that my Filipino family ate during meal time. We all love it.
- 1/2 lb. pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup baby carrots, halved
- 3 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 1 inch long
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 15 to 20 pieces snow peas, trimmed
- 1 can slice mushroom, drained
- 1 can miniature cut cobs of corn, drained
Cooking Procedures :
- Cut the pork into thin strips. Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper, and cornstarch. Stir to blend and then add the meat. Marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, oyster sauce and sugar. Stir to blend and then set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok (or deep skillet) over medium heat. Fry pork for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and onion until soft and translucent. Stir in baby carrots for about a minute. Add the rest of the vegetables, stir-frying for a minute or two after each addition.
- Add the cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and continue stirring until well blended and sauce thickens. Correct seasonings.
- Immediately remove from heat after heated through. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve hot the chop suey dish.
Kain lang ng kain pero huwag niyong kalimutan magbawas ng timbang araw-araw. Boomba!
Thank you for the recipe… d ko alam magluto pero im learning a lot….
thank you for this recipe. i like cooking which is healthwise. my family loves vegetables.
hulog ka talaga ng langit sa akin para ma-improve ko naman ang pagluluto ko.salamat uli!
i do love chopsuey.. its my favorite dish……
I made chopsuey for my husband but used chicken wings instead.. we both loved it! a really good recipe! I will try another recipe from this website. Good job!
wow.. I try this at home its makes my parent happy while they eat these and i’m the one who cooked…. i love veges…
i love cooking most of the time i look at in ur site to get some idea of cooking and my parents in in-laws are happy to taste a different kind of dish now they love chopsuey thanks for the yuppy dish…
i like chop suey b’coz i like vegatables
oh my gosh! i just love this dish! i’ve been looking for any good sites having the right ingredients for this dish.
i’ve got 3 kids and don’t know how to cook …my maid is planning to leave and so i need to learn how to cook. thank u very much…God bless you!!!
Ang Sarap tAlagA ng recipe ng chposuey
I love it
Wow! Great recipe…thanks much for sharing.
thanks because i found this site. i can finally cook what i want to search here in this site…thanks god bless.
thanks a lot,i know how to cook chop suey now.
love this chop suey,expert in italian foods having an italian husband that loves this recipe so much.big help for me to learn how to cook our pilipino dish,leaving our country without knowing how.thanks!!!!
I’m really lookingfor this site for it gives me information, knowledge on filipino recepi… thank you for the recipi which posted… more power and good luck!!!
I like it chopsuey… aq mahilig aq mag luto.. at least.., kahit nka tapos kman ng pagaaral… pwede mo magamit a pag nenegosyo.. diba tnx sa a lot more
i love chop suey!thank you for the recipe.
may alam din po ako sa pagluluto pero dahil sa tulong ng site nyo mas lalong nadagdagan ang kaalaman at simple way ng pagluluto….thanks a lot!!!!! mas maraming tao pa kayong matutulongan…
i love your recipes, like this Chop Suey Recipe…..
salamat sa recipe nakakatulong talaga lalo na ako na nandito sa kingdom of saudi arabia
this Pork Chop Suey recipe is so yummy…
this Pork Chop Suey is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE Pork Chop Suey
I <3 IT
super great recipe! ilang beses ko na na-try sa staff haouse namin,,,everyone love it!
tnx tlga for the recipe….. ang sarap ng luto ng mga pinoy… maasahan talaga…
Wow! Thank u sa marami mo recipes magagamit ko ito sa barko yong ibang paraan nang pag luluto humba. at lahat na ulam nandito. Good luck! I hope na pagkaroon kayo nang culinary sch. intisado ako mag aralan lahat nang menu ninyo. Thank you!
Thanks for the recipe! Mukhang marami ang may magandang review. Masubokan nga. Salamat ha!
i realy like pork chop suey. its good
wala talagang tatalo sa chopsuey….grabe…
this Pork Chop Suey recipe is so yummy…
thanks for your recipe..first time ko mag luto na chosuey..dahil sa recipe mo may chop suey is so yummy and Good…
this is my favorite kasi complete na yung meal and my hubby likes this so much…
mmm…masarap talaga ang lutong pinoy….
im bicolana masarap tlaga e2.
this Pork Chop Suey is good!