- 2 lbs. whole milkfish (mackerel, rainbow trout or sea bass), scaled, gutted and cleaned (or 1-1/2 lbs. fish fillets)
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Pickled Green Papaya, to serve
- Vinegar Garlic Sauce, for dipping
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- In a bowl, combine the Marinade ingredients; stir until well blended and the salt is dissolved. Set aside.
- Open up the whole fish, if using into like a book and place skin side-up in a large dish. Pour over the Marinade and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the fish for 15 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with hot steamed rice, Pickled Green Papaya and Vinegar Garlic Sauce.