Roast beef in Filipino style because its garlicky and has a salty flavor. This Roast beef recipe is simple and easy to cook which is to roast the beef meat in an oven.
I’ve included a roasting guide which I recommend to follow in order to achieve that perfect roast beef. And always remember to covered with foil the roasted beef meat out of the over and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes before carving. We did this so that the juices will settle back to the meat. The heat inside the covered beef meat still cooks the internal portion of the meat while reabsorbing the juices that was released during roasting, so again, do not be in a hurry to cut it or else these tasty juices will leak out.
- 3 to 4 lb. rolled, or rump (or rib roast)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
Cooking Procedures :
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a roasting pan.
- Wash and clean meat thoroughly. Drain with paper towels. Rub beef generously with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Make deep slits in intervals and insert garlic slivers into it.
- Place meat fat side up on roasting rack (if using rump roast) or using without the rack, and bone side down if cooking a rib roast.
- Refer roasting guide below. Cook roast until internal temperature inserted in the thickest part of the roast registers 140°F for rare; 150°F to 160°F for medium rare; and 170°F for well done.
Rare Medium Rare Well Done Rib Roast 25 to 28 mins/lb 28 to 32 mins/lb 36 to 40 mins/lb Rolled or Rump 38 to 40 mins/lb 40 to 45 mins/lb 45 to 50 mins/lb
- Let meat stand for 20 minutes after taking it out of the oven for easier carving. Carve the roast against the grain to make less stringy. Serve with gravy.
To Make A Gravy:
Skim off 4 tbsp. fat from roasting pan. Add 4 tbsp. flour and stir over moderate heat until smooth. Add 2 cups beef stock and cook stirring for 6 to 8 minutes. Correct seasoning.
Check these Tips: