- 1/2 lb. shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 4 oz. boneless/skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups cold cooked rice, grains loosened
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen carrots, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped green onions (green parts only), for garnishing
Cooking Procedures :
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and salt. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a heavy wok (or large nonstick skillet) over medium heat. Pour beaten eggs; cook until beginning to set. Scraping with spatula to form large soft curds; until thickened, moist and no liquid remains. Do not overcook. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil. Sauté chicken until cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside. Sauté shrimps until color begins to pink and becomes opaque. Transfer to plate; set aside.
- Add the remaining oil over medium-high heat; sauté onions until tender and translucent. Add cooked rice and water. Stir-fry until rice is hot and water evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Return eggs, cooked chicken and shrimps to wok. Add soy sauce; stirring until well blended. Add carrots and peas; stir-fry until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from skillet and serve immediately. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
- Serves 6.