- 2 lb. beef brisket, whole
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small can tomato sauce (or use fresh tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 big potatoes, peeled and cut in halves
- 4 big onions, whole
- 1 tbsp. red pimiento
- strips of pork fat
- 1/2 cup fat
Cooking Procedures :
- In a deep pot (or a pan), place the meat, bay leaf, tomato sauce, vinegar and water, salt and pepper together.
- Cover and bring to boil then simmer until meat is tender.
- Add potatoes, onions and pimiento and continue to simmer.
- When most of the broth has evaporated and the potatoes are cooked, add the fat and stir well.
- Serve with steamed white rice or bread.
Hello , I´m a Filipina living in Europe . Thank you very much to have this recipe in the internet. It helps me more to become a good cook for my family. I´m proud that my children said “oh my mother is the best cook” .