- 1/2 lb. pork, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly strips
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly strips
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 1 lb. togue (bean sprouts)
- 1/2 cup water (or broth)
- chopped green onions, for garnishing
Cooking Procedures :
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork (if using) until it turns slightly brown.
- Add garlic and onions; sauté for a few minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in carrot, bell peppers and season with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce (if using), salt and pepper. Stir-fry until well blended for about a minute or two.
- Add water (or broth) and togue (bean sprouts), cook for a few minutes. Correct the seasonings. Be sure not to overcook the bean sprouts it should be crispy. Immediately remove from heat. Gently stir to blend.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve. Garnish with chopped green onions (if using) and serve.
Put 1/3 cup dried munggo(mung beans) in a shallow pan and add 1/4 cup water to partially cover the beans.Wet a double layer of paper towels; spread it over the beans making sure to cover them completely.Keep pan in a cool dark place in the basement or in a cupboard under the sink for ease of watering.Add enough water everyday if necessary to keep paper towel wet. Don’t add too much water because they will rot instead of sprout.Resist the temptation to peek under the paper towel until after 4th or 5th day. By then the stems should begin to come out. It takes from 7 to 10 days (depending on the dampness of the place) for the skin to be completely separated from the beans.When the skins are completely separated, fill pan to the brim with water and allow skins to float then skim them off and discard.Drain and pick over beans to remove any leftover skin.
Use immediately or place in a plastic bag and refrigerate but they taste best when used within three days. Makes 1-1/2 to 2 cups bean sprouts.
ill try this practical n availablr 365 dys yr
thanks for sharing this recipe…ill try it soon..God bless