This lumpia shanghai recipe is one of the filipino recipes that my family love to cook specially during a party or get together with friends. Lumpia in Filipino are eggrolls wrapped stick of meat that are deep-fried. Lumpia meat is composed of ground or finely mince of pork, beef or vegetables. Then once the recipe of lumpia shanghai is cooked, its best served with sweet and sour sauce.
During of our party, I was busy cooking other filipino dishes, and one of my friend arrive early and help me in cooking. While doing this lumpai, She notices that the lumpia wrapper won’t stick together after it was cooked. I told her that I’ve tried everything to make this wrapper stick together from water and other type of paste but still no avail.
Since she also know how to cook; she gave me an idea in making these wrapper sticks together and she suggested using egg white as a paste in binding the wrapper together. Her technique works! Since then, my filipino lumpia shanghai looks better and even taste good.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup chopped shrimps
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 dashes of sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lumpia wrapper
- vegetable oil, for frying
Cooking Procedures :
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Wrap into thin rolls in lumpia wrapper. Fry in deep hot oil.
- Drain on paper towels. Transfer to aserving platter. Serve with your favorite catsup or make your own Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe.
Have you try This Recipe:
- Picadillo Recipe
- Beef Asado III (Japanese Style) Recipe
- Pork Afritada (Braised Pork in Tomato Sauce) Recipe