- 5 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 250 g pork, thinly sliced
- 500 g medium shrimps, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 4 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 100 g bamboo shoots, drained, thinly sliced
- 100 g frozen green peas, thawed
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
Cooking Procedures :
- Soak mushrooms in 1/2 cup boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 tbsp. of the liquid. Discard the stems and thinly sliced the caps. Set aside.
- Heat a wok (or a large skillet) over high heat, add 2 tbsp. peanut oil; swirl to coat. Add pork; cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove and set aside. Add the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, over high heat, add sesame oil and the remaining peanut oil to wok; swirl to coat. Add the ginger and garlic; cook for a minute. Add green onions, mushrooms, carrots, bamboo shoots and green peas; cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the rice, stirring until heated through. Return the pork, shrimps and accumulated juices to wok. Add in reserved mushroom liquid and soy sauce; stir to combine. Correct seasonings. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.