- 1 lb. goat meat, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 6 tbsp. liver spread
- 2 cups water
- 2 potatoes, quartered
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 3/4 cup Spanish green olives (optional)
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, salt and black pepper. Marinate the goat meat for at least an hour (this is to eliminate the smell and taste of the meat) in the refrigerator. Remove goat meat from marinade, reserving the liquid.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large pot (or casserole) over medium heat. Fry potatoes and carrots until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, stir-fry the marinated goat meat; cook until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup oil to pot. Sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant and translucent. Add chili flakes (if using) and tomatoes; stir-fry until wilted. Return goat meat and accumulated juices to pot. Pour the tomato sauce and liver spread; stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil then simmer for an hour or until the meat is tender. (You may add more water if the sauce seems to dry up, a little at a time.) Stir occasionally.
- Add potatoes, carrots and green olives (if using). Cook and simmer until tender, about 6 minutes. Season salt and pepper to taste. Add bell peppers, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter. Serve hot and Enjoy your Kaldereta.
Try This Other Caldereta Recipe: