Beef Caldereta is a Filipino Kaldereta Recipe that uses beef. Caldereta or Kaldereta is a classic filipino dish in which every filipino household has its own version in cooking this recipe. Caldereta can be cooked with pork, goat, beef or chicken and stewed in tomatoes but the most exotic and traditional of the kaldereta is the goat kaldereta recipe.
Anyways, once you serve this dish in your dinning table, the aroma is so inviting and can’t wait for the prayer before meal is done.
Now, enjoy your wonderful filipino meal!
- 2 lb. beef, cut into cubes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup liver spread
- 3 bay leaf
- 2 cup potatoes, quartered
- 2 cup carrots, sliced
- 2/3 cup green olives
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- In a large pan, heat oil. Fry the potatoes and carrots until color turns light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add beef to the pan; stir-fry for a few minutes until lightly brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic and onions until translucent. Add chili flakes. Return beef and accumulated juices to pan. Stir-fry for a few minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, liver spread and bay leaf; stir to combine. Bring to a boil then simmer, about an hour or until meat tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots and green olives; simmer for another 6 to 8 minutes. Season salt and pepper to taste. Add bell peppers, cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter. Serve hot and Enjoy your Kaldereta.
Try This Other Caldereta Recipe:
I love this recipe and thank you so much for show it them.. I hope many people like it and too make a good recipe too cooked at home..
Thank you for sharing this recipe. How I really miss the food back home and I am always craving this every time when I get home but I don’t have enough time to do this.
caldereta is one of my favorite Filipino dish,,i really luv it… 🙂
ang sarap naman niyan nakakagutom
i will try this nextym
I learned how to cook goat and beef kalderata today for my family. Now I know where to find some help. Thank you. I
IM SO HAPPY THAT I”VE LEARNED A LOT OF RECIPE FROM THIS WEBSITE, I LOVE COOKING SO MUCH… FROM NOW OWN THERES NOTHING GARD FOR ME HOW TO COOK MEALS FOR MY FAMILY THANK U SO MUCH ITS A BIG HELP FOR ME, MORE POWER ,
i will try this today for lunch.
Thank you!You’re a good help to me. I have no idea how to cook any before. Now I started to appreciate cooking! and cook in my own! More power!