- butter (or bacon fat or vegetable oil)
- salt and pepper
Cooking Procedures :
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter (or bacon fat or oil). When it is moderately hot, break egg and add into the skillet (or by using a saucer – slip into skillet). Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook slowly, spooning fat over egg until whites are set and a film forms over yolks and the bottom is lightly brown for about 3 to 4 minutes. You can turn over the egg, if you like. Cook until yolks are, as you want them.
- Remove egg and drain with paper towels. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
– It is easier to keep the yolks whole if you slip the eggs one at a time from a saucer into the skillet.