- 1 lb. pusit (squid)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. whole peppercorns
- salt to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- sugar, to taste
Cooking Procedures :
- Wash and clean pusit (squid) very well. Remove membranes, eyes and stomach. Keep the ink sac intact.
- In a saucepan, boil pusit (squid) in water, vinegar, peppercorns, salt and garlic.
- Cover and cook until tender. Drain and separate garlic. Reserve sauce.
- In a separate pan, sauté garlic in hot oil. Add onions and tomatoes, cook until wilted.
- Add pusit (squid) and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce and a little sugar to taste.
- Simmer until sauce is reduced.
- Remove from heat and serve.