- 1/4 cup canola oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tbsp. macerated garlic
- 2 lb. pork (or chicken or quail, deboned)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground peppercorn
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
Cooking Procedures :
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic and toast until lightly brown. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pork in salt, pepper, garlic, and patis (fish sauce).
- Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, place marinated pork along with the marinade, water and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil then simmer. Cook meat for 30 minutes or until sauce is thick and oily.
- Remove from heat. Serve with toasted garlic.