This Adobo recipe will cooked the meat twice by simmering then broiling with charcoal for added charcoal flavor.
- 2 lb. pork liempo (pork belly), trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
Cooking Procedures :
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Put just enough water to cook the pork.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until the pork is tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Take out the pork, reserve the sauce. Set aside.
- Broil the pork liempo in the oven or grill over charcoal until brown.
- Serve with the remaining adobo sauce.