- 2 lb. chicken
- 125 ml vinegar
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. crushed peppercorns
- 1 tsp. salt
- oil, for frying
Cooking Procedures :
- Cut the chicken into serving-size pieces and place in a casserole.
- Add 250 ml water and the remaining of the ingredients except oil.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken. Strain and reserve the sauce. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, brown the chicken pieces in hot oil until crispy on all sides.
- Drain on a paper towel and transfer to a platter.
- Reheat the sauce and reduce to a thick consistency then pour over chicken.
- Serve immediately.
To make crisp adobo flakes
- Debone the chicken and flake the meat.
- Drizzle with sauce then transfer to a baking tray, spread evenly and let it stand for at least an hour.
- Fry in a wok (or large frying pan) with a very little oil over a low heat.
- Stirring continuously for 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken meat is dry, brown and crisp.