Try this for a change. This is not your usual adobo or inihaw. It is adobo and inihaw in one dish.
- 2 lb. pork liempo (pork belly), sliced—each portion weighing about 100 g
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. crushed garlic
- 3 bay leaf
- 10 whole peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Cooking Procedures :
- Place pork in a large pot. Add vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix to combine. Bring to a boil then simmer over moderate heat until pork is tender but not too soft.
- Continue cooking until almost dry, render fat and sizzle.
- Remove pork from pot to drain. Keep the remaining sauce in the pot; set aside.
- In a charcoal grill (or gas grill), broil/grill the pieces of pork liempo (pork belly). Basting both sides with the sauce until brown and golden.
- Serves 7.